So I bought Oatmeal cookies at the supermarket the other and when I saw the ingredients on the box I decide to do it myself.
- ½ cup (1 stick) plus 6 tbsp. butter, softened.
- ¾ cup brown sugar.
- ½ cup granulated sugar.
- 2 eggs.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour.
- 1 teaspoon baking soda.
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon.
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional).
- 3 cups oats uncooked .
- 1 cup raisins.
- Heat oven to 350 F. In large bowl, beat butter and sugar on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
- Add oats and raisins; mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely. And enjoy.
This recipe makes about 4 dozen cookies depending the sizes.
I also like to add nutella on the top for an even better taste kids love this.