Friday, January 16, 2015

The Duff Book & Movie Review

About the book: The Duff


Seventeen-year-old Bianca Piper is cynical and loyal, and she doesn't think she's the prettiest of her friends by a long shot. She's also way too smart to fall for the charms of man-slut and slimy school hottie Wesley Rush. In fact, Bianca hates him. And when he nicknames her "Duffy," she throws her Coke in his face.


But things aren't so great at home right now. Desperate for a distraction, Bianca ends up kissing Wesley. And likes it. Eager for escape, she throws herself into a closeted enemies-with-benefits relationship with Wesley.


Until it all goes horribly awry. It turns out that Wesley isn't such a bad listener, and his life is pretty screwed up, too. Suddenly Bianca realizes with absolute horror that she's falling for the guy she thought she hated more than anyone.”


First of all I have to say that Kody Keplinger is a genius I LOVED this book and the whole idea of it, I read it in two days and those sleepless hours were totally worth it. And what I like the most about the book is that it’s a whole new idea is fresh and not a little cliche, plus I love me some Wesley Rush,also you can really relate to the characters in the book and what I think is the most important thing in the book is the message,it doesn't matter if your friends are prettier than you, or what other people says about you, as long as you know who you are, you just have to be true to yourself and nothing else should really matter.  


I also had the chance to watch a special early screening of the movie that was hosted by Robbie Amell aka Wesley Rush.


As a fangirl I had to admit that no matter what I will always say that the book was better that is just the way things have to be, but  this movie was really close to change that, The movie is based on the book but  there is a few changes, and I think that those changes made so much sense and the story that is told in the movie is so sweet and romantic instead of just hot and intense like the one in the book and I liked that  a lot because we actually get to see how Bianca and Wesley become a thing.


I think the cast is just perfect, I mean who better than Robbie Amell to play Wesley Rush? yeah, NOBODY!, and the coolest thing happened at the Screening because I got the chance to meet him and I've been such a big fan of his since I was a little girl, I also met his fiance and Chasing life’s star Italia Ricci and she was so nice and lovely!.


Mae Whitman as Bianca: She is so perfect for the role everything I imagine while reading the book.


Bella Thorne as Madison: I loved Bella as the mean girl, and I also laughed a lot with her role.


Bianca Santos as Casey:I like Bianca Santos a lot she has been on the fosters and happyland and I enjoy both shows and it’s always good to see a fellow Latina well represented on the big screen.


 Skyler Samuels as Jessica: Skyler  played the role really well and I think that her character in the movie was really close to how it was described in the book.

The movie is coming out on February 20 and I already have plans to see it again with my friends, because I liked it so much and highly recommend the movie to you all.




No comments:

Post a Comment